Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Vintage Inspired SnowAngel Bottle


I was inspired to make one of these little cuties after seeing pictures on another blog. Hers were more vintage looking and completely beautiful! I wish I could show you her pictures, but I have searched everywhere for where I originally saw the idea and I cannot find the blog! If you have any tips - please let me know as I'd love to link to her (hers are SUPER cute).



I used a glitter chipboard frame, some cardstock and put together some beads for a little bit of sparkle! It's "belly" is filled with feathers or "angel wings"

I used upholstery tacks for the eyes, a swarovski green bead for the nose, and the smile are flat back swarovski crystals as well. I love the springy little angel "halo" because it can bounce around, so fun!

I'm debating on adding hand made bent metal wings to the back for some more interest. I also thought it could be cool if the wings could almost be a picture holder if that makes sense.

What totally helped me with this project was to get a ziplock bag and grab everything I thought I'd like to use for the project before starting. An "inspiration bag" you could say! I picked through anything silver, girly, pink ,white, sparkly and ended up using a lot of what I pulled. I'm not sure I would have gotten started w/out that bag!

I am REALLY loving making these and plan on making a whole group of different types and some creepy Halloween ones coming up soon!

Sometimes I get so into my house projects I forget how satisfying it is to just sit down with a bag of "stuff" and turn something from nothing :)

I am catching up on comments and emails today! I am so excited whenever I get a comment and love checking out everyone's blogs also, but I started taking online classes and cannot believe how swamped I get with that - so I have got to get better about commenting in a timely fashion! I appreciate every single comment <3.

I hope you are all having a VERY WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY!!!!!

xoxo,
K

4 comments:

  1. OMGOSH that is the CUTEST thing!! I'm totally copying this idea, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea! She is cute! Can't wait to see what you come up with for Halloween!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really cute!!

    Thank you for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very super cute - great job !! Love the little swirl hat on top !
    I also stopped by to thank you for visiting me after my surgery ! I can hardly wait to get to crafting soon !
    Hugs -Kammy

    ReplyDelete